Friday, September 20, 2013

Update on Ai Lan!

We got an update!  A few days ago I received an email from our agency, Holt International, with an update regarding our daughter, Ai Lan.  And it included updated pictures and a video of her walking, which made this mama's heart sing!  So without further ado...




I know, right?  Is she not the cutest thing ever? For some reason I can't get the video to upload correctly to the blog, but if you are friends with me on FB, you can see it on my timeline there.

I do have a couple of things that you can pray for.  In the update from Holt, we got word that Ai Lan has begun to have seizures.  This is not at all one bit surprising to us.  We fully expected this at some point because this is a hallmark symptom of having Sturge-Weber Sydrome (SWS).  The good news is that medication can do a really good job of controlling the seizures and right now we are told that Ai Lan is doing great, and I believe them because she looks great in her video and pictures!  So when she gets home, it's off to Children's Hospital in Oakland to see a pediatric neurologist and to visit their International Adoption Clinic (yes, there is such a thing and I feel SO BLESSED to have it so close to our home...less than two hours away).  I do not fear, for I know that God sends his angels to go before Ai Lan and behind her.  But pray for her that the Lord protect her fragile little brain from these seizures and that we get access to the best possible care here in the US for Ai Lan.  I'll be fighting for her every step of the way, and I know God hears our prayers!


  




No comments:

Post a Comment